Back to Basics
In today’s modern society we all lead busy and stressful lives. As we rush around trying to fit everything into our day, we often skip meals, forget to eat and end up making poor choices, eating processed foods that are high in sugar and contain ‘bad’ cholesterol.
As a result, problems such as obesity, diabetes type II, weight fluctuation, food cravings, high cholesterol, heart disease and fatigue increase.
• Encouraging lifelong eating choices which focus on nutrient rich, healthy foods.
• Reprogramming the body to digest stored fat, converting it into energy.
• Supplementing the body with specific micronutrient and herb formulations to support weightloss. These include the Annique Forever Healthy vitamin and mineral supplementation, Lifestyle Shakes and Herbal Teas.
DID YOU KNOW: OBESITY
Anyone who is 20% over their normal weight for his/her age, sex, build and height can be considered obese. Even being moderately overweight causes:
1, Undue stress on your back, legs and internal organs.
2. Increases the body’s resistance to insulin (which controls blood sugar levels)
3. Increases susceptibility to infection.
4. Increases the risk of developing heart disease and stroke.
5. Increases the risk of developing diabetes and high blood pressure.
6. Increases the risk of developing gall-bladder and kidney diseases.
DID YOU KNOW: DIABETES TYPE II
Diabetes type II has become a national epidemic. Diets high in sugar and refined carbohydrates like bread, pasta, cereal and other mainly ‘low-fat’ processed foods, increase your body’s production
• When insulin is at raised levels in the body, the food you eat is converted into body fat, in the form of triglycerides.
• Triglyceride levels in the body are one of the greatest risk factors that increase heart disease and bad cholesterol.
Quick Guide to Annique [R]evolutionary Lifestyle
Cut the Carbs
Carbohydrates are the most important element to eliminate from any diet. Replace or avoid all refined carbohydrates in your diet: Potatoes, bread, pasta, cake, sweets, chocolate, sugar, starch, wheat, corn, fruit juice, most fruits and trans-fatty acids from fast foods.
• High carbohydrate meals tend to leave you less satisfied than meals containing adequate fat levels; so you eat more and feel hungry sooner.
• Cutting down on carbohydrates especially sugar, white flour and other refined carbs will start you on the right road to a healthy lifestyle with a fast metabolism.
Add to your diet
• Protein from red meat, fish, chicken, eggs, milk and cheese.
• Essential fatty acids from butter, fish and olive oil – not margarine.
• Fibre from green leafy vegetables, cabbage, spinach, green beans, peas and asparagus.
• Annique Rooibos and Herbs Slimming Bomb recipe.
Eat organic or natural foods
• Avoid processed foods.
• Prepare food at home – Don’t eat fast foods!
• Eat basic menus with meat, salad and vegetables.
The ideal Annique Lifestyle menu
• Replace breakfast with a Lifestyle Shake.
• Replace lunch with a Lifestyle Shake.
• Your main meal is dinner – eat sufficient portions to ensure that you feel full. Don’t starve yourself.
Note: If you find it difficult to replace both breakfast and lunch with a Lifestyle Shake, opt for a Lifestyle friendly meal instead (free from refined carbohydrates and sugar). The ideal recipe is to eat your main meal at dinner time. If this is not an option, it is acceptable to make lunch your main meal and then have a Lifestyle Shake for breakfast and dinner.
Stop eating between meals
• Avoid snacking in between meals.
• Drink your Slimming Bomb teas mix or Annique Herbal Teas. Choose from Rooibos & Senna Tea, Rooibos & Ginger Tea, Green Rooibos Tea, Rooibos & Buchu and Rooibos & Mint Tea, amongst others.
• If you really need to snack, choose healthy options such as raw seeds, avocado nuts or biltong. Again, ideally you need to condition your body to stop snacking in between meals. It is always more difficult in the beginning, so opt for snacks in the first week of following the Lifestyle Programme if you need to. Then move away from snacking in between meals. Your body will function best if you allow four to five hours of no food, in between meals.
Water is Essential for efficient metabolism and body systems
• DRINK 30ml of pure water per kg of body mass. (For example, a 50kg person should drink 50 x 30ml per day = 1.5 litres.)
• MINIMISE the intake of alcohol, coffee and normal tea. (Alcohol acts as a diuretic and thus dehydrates the body.)
• Drink Annique Rooibos and Herbs tea and especially Rooibos tea.
• THIRST is a late indicator of the need to drink – we should therefore drink throughout the day and not just when we feel thirsty!